Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing 23: Summary

I do not consider myself very capable when it comes to technology and think I held off exploring some of these avenues because I thought they would be complicated. I have been amazed at how easy all of the Things were to do and am excited to start using them in my classroom, especially Photostory and Ning. Not all was relevant or useful for what I do in my classroom. But I think that is part of what Michael Wesch pointed out in his article, technology alone is not enough. We have to be able to use technology in a way that is beneficial and motivates our students, not just use it so we can say we are using it.

What I really enjoyed about participating in Library2Play is being able to take time to play around with all the tools. I enjoyed doing it at my own pace and when I had the time. I think having it laid out in this way I was able to tackle areas I was too intimidated to do so beforehand.

I was very suprised at all the resources that are out there and how much I have been missing out on. I would love to participate in Library2Play2.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found the adventure enjoyable and useful. I, too, would probably not have experimented or played with many of these tools on my own. The 2nd part is just as good, but each segment seemed to take a little longer. I was glad it was only 11.5 things! Let me know if you need any help with any of these once school begins!

    ReplyDelete